Monday 26 September 2016

Little Miss Sensitive

always cry in the corners
always complaining about her bloody tongue
always shouting LEAVE ME ALONE then creeping into your head to see if you’re thinking about her

Little miss sensitive doesn’t want the title of “girl” anymore
doesn’t want to feel so little
doesn’t want to miss everything
yes, everything

little miss sensitive can’t believe everyone is trying to get away from her
if she could leave
oh you’d see
the distance she’d put between her and herself
the number of locks she would put on the door
just to be safe
just to be sure that she never saw little miss sensitive again.

7 comments:

  1. Your writing means everything to me. It has made me feel less alone and less insane. It has allowed me to understand what I have gone through and it has helped me to give validation to my pain. I just want to thank you for that. No matter how many times I read your posts, they always provide me with comfort and strength.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *crying before going to sleep* *reading this and feeling like living is a little lighter for a second*

      Delete
  2. You're such an inspiration to me. Every time I read your posts, I find myself not only wanting to shout my admiration for you from the rooftop but also wanting to make change. You inspire me to use my voice where I see injustice and challenge what causes harm. I've learned to show my love through both strength and softness. Thank you so much for spreading positivity and teaching that strength and softness can be blended together. I hope you're having a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have followed you for as long as I can recall. I have rarely encountered a writer that could wrench my soul the way you do. At some of the darkest, lowest points, I've turned to your work. Sometimes at 3 am, when I feel so alone I think the world might swallow me whole, I scroll through your blog and it is as if you are in my head. It's as if you are writing everything I want to scream, your words so poignant and elegant. The very comfort of knowing I'm not alone has kept me sane so many nights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the past, when I've been having a breakdown, I've often felt that I was never going to stop crying. But somehow I did and I have. And you will too. Please drink some water, splash some cold water on your face, and remember that this moment will pass, noticed or otherwise.

    ReplyDelete